In 2011, the CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness (CPDE) was established as an open platform uniting civil society organizations from across the world to address issues of development effectiveness and look beyond traditional modes of development cooperation. In 2017, APN was appointed as co-chair of the CPDE’s Working Group on Fragility and Conflict and a member of the Rural Constituency. APN was therefore invited to participate in technical consultations and to collect data and produce research papers on priority issues.
On 7 September 2021, APN presented a research paper titled “Centering Syria in the EU Funding Response to the Syrian Crisis” at an event held by the CSO Partnership for Development Effectiveness (CPDE). (More)
- In addition to the participation and attendance of hundreds of experts from around the world, an electronic symposium titled “The Peoples Track to Food Security, Genuine Development and Just Peace” was organized by APN, ANFS in addition to a group of international partners including the CDPE. This initiative serves as a response towards the marginalization of people and communities affected by the United Nations Food Systems Summit (UN-FSS).
- During November 2020, as part of a series of research studies that dealt with the reality of development in countries experiencing wars and conflicts was conducted by APN under the supervision of the CDPE. The research conducted focused on Yemen’s internal conflict and military operations. (More)
- In November 2019, APN and the CPDE organized a study conference on Development Effectiveness in the Context of Conflict and Fragility. The conference discussed the triple nexus between humanitarian aid, development cooperation, and peace. Civil society organizations joined from 14 countries. (More)
- In 2019, APN attended the 6th Global Council of CPDE in Beirut. APN also attended the preceding Coordination Committee meeting and the Policy Conference focusing on corporate capture, shrinking civic space and humanitarian aid effectiveness.
- In 2018, APN represented the Rural Constituency at the 14th meeting of the CPDE Coordination Committee, held in Hague.
- Funded by CPDE, APN organized a national multi-stakeholder workshop in Jordan in 2018 to address the implications of protracted crises on Food Security.
- In 2017, the CPDE commissioned APN to write a paper on the ‘Implementation of a Human Rights Based Approach in Development Partnership.” The paper, titled “Assessing USAID’s Implementation of a Human Rights-Based Approach: A Comparative Study on Jordan and Palestine’s Agricultural Sectors,” can be found here.
- In 2016, APN prepared a case study for CPDE on Palestine titled “Conflict, Food Sovereignty, and Development Cooperation.