The PCFS is a growing international network of organizations and social movements. The group promotes a peoples’ convention on food sovereignty as an international governance alternative to the current oppressive structures and policies in food and agriculture. It is comprised of small-scale food producers and other organizations focused on the right to food and its sources of production. While PCFS membership is open to organizations in all continents, its administration is, and must be, based in the Global South.
APN is a member of the PCFS Global Steering Council and the Global Executive Committee representing West Asia. In 2018, PCFS held its general assembly in Thailand, where APN General Coordinator Razan Zuayter was elected PCFS co-chair along with Sylvia Mallari, the head of the Asian Peasant Coalition (APC).
APN launched the “People-Led Research Training” (PRT) workshop on November 23rd, 2021, along with the Asia Pacific Research Network (APRN) and the Arab NGO Network for Development (ANND), in cooperation with the People's Coalition on Food Sovereignty (PCFS). This workshop was attended by members of civil society organizations in West Asia and North Africa. (More)
- Hundreds of experts from around the world participated in a webinar organized by the Arab Network for Food Sovereignty (ANFS), APN, and their partners including PCFS. The webinar 'The People's Track to Food Security, Genuine Development and Just Peace' was organized as a response to the marginalization of peoples and affected communities by the Summit United Nations Food Systems 2021 (UN-FSS).
- APN inaugurates an international symposium organized by PCFS to discuss the 'Corporate Hijack of the UN Food Systems Summit.' This led to the preparation of a 'shadow conference' of the UN Food Systems Summit. (More)
- APN organizes a webinar to discuss plans to annex the Jordan Valley with grandson of Nelson Mandela and other global experts among guests. (More)
- In October 2020, APN participated in a webinar organized by PCFS, which engages rural voices in the face of global food systems. (More)
- In June 2020, APN chaired an online conference, hosted by PCFS. The conference discussed the effects of the coronavirus pandemic on agriculture in Latin America, and the challenges of producers in those regions. (More)
APN joins PCFS in setting nine demands in light of the coronavirus outbreak. (More)
In November 2019, APN organized the first PCFS West Asia and North Africa in Amman, Jordan (More).
- In June 2019, APN chaired the Executive Committee of PCFS in Hong Kong, along with Sylvia Malari, President of the Asian Farmers Alliance.
- In 2016, APN participated and spoke on the right to self-determination at a series of events organized by the PCFS in Manila and Davao, Philippines.
In 2015, APN organized a regional workshop in Amman on public-private partnerships in agriculture and their effects on food security and small food producers.