The Sub-Committee for the Eradication of Hunger in the Arab Region is a sub-committee formed in 2018 by the League of Arab States (LAS), to follow up on the implementation of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals in the Arab region, particularly Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) which focuses on eliminating food insecurity and malnutrition, and enhancing sustainable agriculture practices. The committee includes governments and specialized international and regional institutions. APN is a member of this sub-committee, and a co-chair of Working Group (5) on Ending Hunger in Conflict-Affected Countries, alongside UN- ESCWA.
- APN proposes a joint regional agricultural project titled “The Arab Tree Path” to the “sub-committee” and prepares to hold its first consultation on January 14, 2020.
- APN participated in the 3rd meeting of the Sub-committee for the Eradication of Hunger in the Arab Region, at the headquarters of the Arab League in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.
- APN presents the Million Tree Campaign as a success story to the 2nd meeting of the “Subcommittee” at the LAS Headquarters in Cairo.
- APN contributes to setting the Terms of Reference for the Working Group concerned with Ending Hunger in Conflict-Affected Countries in the Arab region at its first meeting held at the UN ESCWA Headquarters in Beirut on March 20th, 2019.
- The “Subcommittee” meets for the first time at the Arab League in Cairo Egypt on September 2018. APN was invited to the meeting to contribute to its preliminary road map.