The Sub-Committee for the Eradication of Hunger in the Arab Region is a sub-committee formed in 2018 by the League of Arab States (LAS), to follow up on the implementation of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals in the Arab region, particularly Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) which focuses on eliminating food insecurity and malnutrition and enhancing sustainable agriculture practices. The committee includes governments and specialized international and regional institutions. APN is a member of this sub-committee, and a co-chair of Working Group (5) on Ending Hunger in Conflict-Affected Countries, alongside UN- ESCWA.
APN presented a set of questions to different Arab countries, in the context of researching the possibility of implementing the "Arab Tree Path" project in each country, during a meeting of the Sub-Committee for the Eradication of Hunger in the Arab Region of the League of Arab States, held in December 2021. (More)
- On June 22nd, 2021, APN presented a general and initial conception for implementing the "Arab Tree Path" project during the fifth meeting of the Sub-committee on the Eradication of Hunger of the League of Arab States (More)
- APN completes an important milestone in December 2020 by implementing the 'Arab Tree Path' in cooperation with the Arab League. (More)
- APN and the FAO Meet in Cairo to Discuss the Promotion of the "Arab Tree Path" in collaboration with the Eradication of Hunger of the League of Arab States. (More)
- APN proposes a joint regional agricultural project titled “The Arab Tree Path” to the “sub-committee” and prepares to hold its first consultation on January 14, 2020. (More)
- APN participated in the 3rd meeting of the Sub-committee for the Eradication of Hunger in the Arab Region, at the headquarters of the Arab League in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.
- On April 3rd & 4th, 2019, APN presented the Million Tree Campaign as a success story to the 2nd meeting of the “Subcommittee” at the LAS Headquarters in Cairo.
- APN contributes to setting the Terms of Reference for the Working Group concerned with Ending Hunger in Conflict-Affected Countries in the Arab region at its first meeting held at the UN ESCWA Headquarters in Beirut on March 20th, 2019.
- The “Subcommittee” meets for the first time at the Arab League in Cairo Egypt on September 2018. APN was invited to the meeting to contribute to its preliminary road map.